Finn Harps 2 Bray Wanderers 0
Finn Harps 2 Bray Wanderers 0 
Despite a solid first half showing, Bray’s two-game unbeaten run came to an end on (Easter) Monday. 
Crucially – both of Finn Harps’ goals came in stoppage time of each period (45 +1, and 90 + 1) at Finn Park. 
Wanderers had much the better of the first half exchanges, the visitors did not capitalise on their dominance of possession, or the openings they created. 
And were caught with a sucker-punch off a free-kick in time added on just before the interval. 
One bright spot was the senior debut for 16-year-old Rhys Knight – who ironically replaced older brother Conor midway through the second period. 
It continued the club ethos of promoting underage players through to the first team. 
Elsewhere, there were two changes to the starting line-up who drawn 2-2 last Friday with Cobh at the Carlisle Grounds. 
In came the defensive duo of Evan Osam and Paul Murphy. On the bench, fellow defender Jamie Duggan joined the substitutes. 
Although the Green and White’s started brightly, the Ballybofey outfit had the first sight of goal in the 24th minute. But Success Edogun dragged his effort from the right of the penalty area across goal. 
Two minutes after at the other end, Harry Groome played in Paul Murphy. But his deflected cross found the side netting. 
Then in the 33rd minute, Conor Knight cut in off the right flank. But his low attempt was gathered by Tim-Oliver Hiemer. 
The Blue’s went close in the 41st minute as Noe Baba’s shot was charged down in the danger zone. Patrick Ferry’s follow up header then went over. 
Bray hit back in the 44th minute. From Shane Griffin’s free, Kilian Cantwell sent the ball towards goal from the right endline. It took a vital headed clearance by Conor Tourish from right under the bar to prevent a score. 
Totally against the run of play, the home team hit the front in the first minute of additional time. 
Tony McNamee strode forward off a quick free kick. He then slipped a pass on the right of the box were David Cawley drilled low into the far corner of the net. 
In a more even second period, Osam made the most of good link play on the hour off the left wing to send in a dangerous low ball that Tourish hacked out for a corner. From Griffin’s delivery, Cole Omorehiomwan nodded over. 
Harps had another chance in the 78th minute. McNamee’s corner dropped in the box with sub Chris Lotefa’s half volley well blocked by Cantwell. 
With Omorehiomwan pressed into attack, the defender went close to an 87th equaliser. He got in behind the home defence. But his low 15-yard attempt was smothered by Hiemer. 
The contest was in the first minute of time added on when the hosts sealed the points. 
Sub Sean O’Donnell held the ball up in the ‘D. He went down but still managed to get a touch that saw McNamee burst onto the ball. He then rolled a 12-yard shot in the bottom right corner of the net. 
Finn Harps: Tim-Oliver Hiemer; Conor Tourish, Noe Baba, Matthew Mackinson, Jamie Watson, David Cawley, Tony McNamee, Luke O’Brien (Chris Lotefa 71); Patrick Ferry (Darragh Coyle 71), Ryan Rainey (Shane McMonagle for Rainey 71); Success Edogun (Sean O’Donnell 84). 
Subs not used: Conor Walsh, Max Johnston, Stephen Doherty. 
Booked: Watson 13, Cawley 44. 
Bray Wanderers: Stephen McGuinness; Paul Murphy (Thomas Morgan 67), Kilian Cantwell, Cole Omorehiomwan, Evan Osam (Zach Nolan 67); Freddie Turley, Harry Groome; Conor Knight (Rhys Knight 67), Shane Griffin, Kieran Cruise (Guillermo Almirall 89); Peter Grogan. 
Subs not used: Jamie Duggan, Daniel Chukwu, Alain Kizenga, Zayd Abada, Ben Clark. 
Referee: Daniel Murphy. 
Pictures: Joe Boland (North West Pixs). 
Finn Harps 2 Bray Wanderers 0 Finn Harps 2 Bray Wanderers 0 Finn Harps 2 Bray Wanderers 0
Finn Harps 2 Bray Wanderers 0 Finn Harps 2 Bray Wanderers 0 Finn Harps 2 Bray Wanderers 0
Finn Harps 2 Bray Wanderers 0 Finn Harps 2 Bray Wanderers 0
Tagged as: Senior Team
Share this post:
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings