Bray Wanderers 3 Wexford FC 4 
In what was the club’s 600th home league game in the League of Ireland, Bray came out the wrong side of a seven goal contest with Wexford. 
Playing at the Carlisle Grounds for the first time in 35 days, the Seagulls took the lead on Friday evening. 
But twice had to come from behind to equalise before conceding what proved to be the decisive score in the 85th minute. 
From the team who had gone down away to Cork last week at Turner’s Cross, there was three changes. 
Zach Nolan was handed his full league debut by the club, while Cristian Magerusan and Shane Griffin were also recalled to the starting XI. 
On the bench, goalkeeper Stephen McGuinness and striker Ben Feeney returned amongst the substitutes. 
The match also saw Callum Thompson make his 100th appearance in all competitions for the club. 
For the first time in league games in 2024, Wanderers took the lead in the ninth minute. 
Griffin slipped Magerusan in. But he was denied by Owen Mason’s save. However, the striker followed up to bury the rebound. 
But the Slaneysiders were level by the 11th minute. Aaron Dobbs was sent free along the right flank., He squared low for Mikie Rowe to slot in from close range. 
An almost carbon copy of that score saw the visitors go 2-1 up the 19th minute. 
Dobbs again broke free off the ring wing. He picked out Rowe in the box who drilled to the net from 12-yards. 
Yet, Bray restored parity in the 22nd minute., Nolan’s headed flick set Griffin in on the left of the penalty area. He delivered low across the six-yard area were Mark Hanratty sliced into his own net. 
Then Wexford regained the lead in the 28th minute. Hanratty clipped in a cross from wide left. And Dobbs marked his 100th appearance by steering in a glancing header. 
The second period was just three minutes old when the Green and White’s made it 3-3. 
Griffin whipped over a left wing corner right footed. And Cole Omorehiomwan placed a volley from virtually on the line to net for his first goal of the campaign. 
What proved to be the winner goal arrived in the 85th minute. 
Sub Thomas Oluwa nipped in ahead of Omorehiomwan and was brought down in the box. 
The attacker picked himself up to rifle in the penalty. 
Bray Wanderers: James Corcoran; Max Murphy, Kilian Cantwell, Cole Omorehiomwan, Evan Osam; Harry Groome, Freddie Turley (Alain Kizenga 82); Callum Thompson (Thomas Morgan 89), Shane Griffin (Guillermo Almirall 71), Zach Nolan (Kieran Cruise 71); Cristian Magerusan (Ben Feeney half time). 
Subs not used: Paul Murphy, Peter Grogan, Conor Knight, Stephen McGuinness. 
Booked: Cantwell 51, Turley 64, Max Murphy 67, Cruise 83. 
Wexford FC: Owen Mason; Reece Webb, Benjamin Lynch, Cian O’Malley, Mark Hanratty; Ethan Boyle; Darragh Levingston (Luka Lovic 72), Aaron Robinson (Thomas Oluwa 63); Mikie Rowe, Kian Corbally (Brandon McCann 86); Aaron Dobbs. 
Subs not used: James Crawford, Carl Lennox, Cian Curtis, Oisin McDonagh, Robbie O’Toole, Alex Moody. 
Referee: Mark Moynihan. 
Pictures: Mick Hanney (Bray Camera Club). 
Bray 3 Wexford 4
Tagged as: Senior Team
Share this post:
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings